1. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.”
Yesterday might have been awful (or amazing), but putting all your attention and energy toward the new day, today, is the most rewarding decision you can make.
2. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.”
This completely mirrors the first quote, but instead of worrying about yesterday, you are reflecting on all the pain in the past. Move on from the suffering of your last years and into the next chapter of your life.
3. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.”
Failure isn’t the end. Every problem is a challenge to overcome. Learn from your mistakes and improve.
4. “The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence.”
Don’t live in the past, but don’t completely remove it from your mind either. Take note of what things worked, didn’t work, and what was just downright ugly. This way you can prevent those same results from happening again in the future.
5. “There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you have had enough.”
You shouldn’t allow yourself to be treated poorly or suffer daily at the decisions of someone else. Sometimes, “giving up” is nowhere near the same as deciding you deserve better for yourself.
6. “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
What is life without dreams and ambitions?
7. “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.”
Chase your dreams throughout your life no matter what anyone says. Living a life molded by other people isn’t as rewarding as following what your heart craves and your soul desires.
8. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
Constantly and consistently focusing on building a new future will help you tremendously more than trying to fight who or what you once were.
9. “No beauty shines brighter than that of a good heart.”
An angry person can be spotted from a mile away and no one stays around them for too long. True beauty comes from a kind heart.
10. “Look for something positive in each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.”
There is positivity in every day, even the rough ones. Do your best to find that positivity and hold on to it with all your might.